Thursday, September 23, 2010

The not so fun part of being in a foreign country...

...BEING SICK.

This is a pretty gross blog post so don't read it unless you want to know gross stuff.

I didn't feel great last night when I went to bed. I got up this morning still feeling pretty crummy. About 30 minutes after Brian left, I started throwing up. I was thinking "how in the world am I going to take care of the boys when I can't leave the bathroom for 2 seconds". I started praying "Dear God, please heal me now". That wasn't working. I was thinking about ways that maybe Luc could feed Evan his first bowl of rice cereal but I couldn't figure out how to prepare it. That idea was becoming a picture of disaster anyway. Then I started praying "Dear God, please just give me the strength and help me stop puking long enough to feed Evan and please keep Luc away from me". That worked. I stopped throwing up and was able to feed Evan. Luc was so sweet too. At one point, he was on the toilet and I was throwing up in the garbage can. He was saying "Mama, are you okay in there? You need some water? It's going to be okay Mama." I guess God knows my limit because Luc was sweeter and played alone this morning better than ever.

To make matters worse, I have NO WAY of getting in touch with Brian during the day. I was dreading having to deal with this until about 6 this evening. I guess God was looking out for me again. Brian came walking in before noon. The archives he visited today would not let him look at anything and there was a major strike with metro workers.

Well, I'm feeling better now, just weak and my stomach is 100%. I am so thankful God deided to answer my prayers and I'm so glad Brian came home early.

Here's to a better tomorrow!

3 comments:

myra said...

Oh no! That is so not fun. I'm so glad God answered your prayers and Bryan was able to come home early and that Luc was good and that you're feeling better. Hopefully you won't have a repeat of this while you're away.

It is so hard to be away and not knowing anyone. Especially in a "crisis"

Kim P. said...

I'm so sorry!! That's awful! I'm so glad God answered prayers and brought Brian home to you. Luc is so sweet too. I think having an upset stomach is THE WORST! I don't know how you held it together. Hope you recover quickly!

Kristen said...

oh my gosh!!! that sounds awful!! that would be so scary to feel so bad and not be able to get in touch with brian. so glad that your prayers were answered and brian came home! how cool is that?!