Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Back to the doctor and the city bus tour

We were able to pick up Evan's immunizations from the pharamcist yesterday afternoon and head back to the doctor today. I had been somewhat nervous about taking the metro with the boys by myself since I would have had to carry the stroller up and down flights of stairs. I was advised (by the lady who lives here) to take the bus instead. It was so easy. It is my new favorite means of transportation. It was a long ride but it was worth it. We got to see lots of beautiful buildings, the Eiffel Tower, the Rodin museum, the Arc of Triumph, and a few parks. If you ever find yourself in Paris debating on which "tour bus" to pay lots of money to sightsee, just spend about 2 Euros and take bus #82 through the city.

Luc LOVED riding the "school bus" too. He's top priorities when coming to Paris where to ride on an airplane, train, boat, and bus. That is seriously all that he ever talks about. He was so excited about the "school bus" ride and that he didn't have to ride in a carseat. He would introduce himself to people as they got on too. He would say "my name is wut". It was very cute.

Evan did great with his shots. He got one in each thigh and the rotovirus drops. He did cry for a couple of minutes but was fine before I even got his pants back on.

Tomorrow, I plan to take the bus again to some of the places we saw today.

2 comments:

Kristen said...

glad the second trip by yourself went so well! maybe you should write travel books for people traveling with young kids... how fun of a job would that be!?

Kim P. said...

I had some similar experiences with the stroller in Montreal in trying to take the subway. Yes, the bus is WAY easier! Luckily people helped me carry my stroller up and down the stairs. Strangers really are nice to help a mommy with a baby! I'm so proud of how adventurous you are there with both boys by yourself. I'm glad you're having such a good time!