Friday, September 10, 2010

We made it!

We made it to Paris...still sane. I still have lots of Alabama stuff to post so pictures will come later. For now...

There we are...all smiles...thinking we are going to leave the Atlanta airport Wed afternoon.

....NOT! We had some problems. My passport still has my maiden name and didn't match my ticket. We missed our flight to Brussels. We were flying to Brussels because flights to Paris hadn't been looking very promising for non-rev (stand-by) passengers. Anyway, we got my ticket changed to 'Noelle Paulk' and we able to get on a flight to Paris Wed night after all.

We got to sit together. After dinner both of the boys went to sleep and slept until breakfast. I slept off and on waking when I'd get a crick in my neck. I don't think Brian slept much at all.

When we got to Paris, we took the subway to the area we are staying in. We had a good little walk through a beautiful park in pouring down rain with all that luggage to get to the apartment. It wasn't so bad. Luc thought it was fun. Evan not so much. When we got here, the "lift" was broken. Poor Brian had to haul all of that up 5 flights of spirl stairs.

Someone told me that I am going to realize how spoiled we Americans are. No kidding! The apartment is small and very old but nice. I'll post pictures later. I had to clean when we got here to meet my OCD standards of course. The toilet and bathtub are in separate rooms. The kitchen has been remodeled from IKEA. It's a tiny kitchen but it is really cute. There is no dryer which is annoying. I never thought I'd miss my super old, double time dryer. I do so much. Hanging laundry sucks.

We are in a nice neighborhood. It is pretty much apartments everywhere. We are across from a very nice park. We are close to a few grocery stores too which is good since we've already been 3 times in the day and a half that we've been here.

More later. I have to sleep now.

3 comments:

Kristen said...

i've been thinking about you guys all day today and wondering where you were at!! i'm so glad that the traveling went so well with two kids. can't wait for more pictures and updates!! missing you guys like crazy.

Briana said...

Wowzers, that is so awesome! I hope you enjoy your adventure in Paris. I look forward to hearing all about it. :)

Kim P. said...

I can't wait to see all the pictures you'll be taking! I think I was the one that said the sub-leased apartment you were in wouldn't seem so small after being in Europe =) You'll get used to it though!