Since I was feeling tons better Friday, I took Luc and Evan to another garden that I wanted to visit. I had seen that this was another good one for kids because it had a zoo and a labyrinthe. The zoo wasn't very big but it was fun. Our favorites were the chimps, the leopards, and a camel that was making a really funny face. Luc and I just stood and laughed at the camel for a good minute.
As for the labyrinthe, I didn't let Luc go through. You were supposed to crawl underneath a bunch of bushes. I was alone and couldn't crawl on my hands and knees with Evan to follow him. I don't think he really knew what it was anyway.
This garden had huge trees that were planted in the late 1800s. There were also several different gardens within the garden. There was a rose garden, a rock and peony garden, an ecology garden, a tropical garden, and a "kitchen" garden, where they grow fruits and vegetables (but of course, you couldn't pick anything). There were also several museums within the gardens. There was also the Museum of Natural History, the Gallery of Geology and Mineralolgy, and a Gallery of Palaentology and Comparative Anatomy. I would have loved to go in all of these museums but I didn't think it would be wise to go with Luc. I will mark it on our list of things to do when we come back without kids in 20 years.
Oh yeah, the bus stop was a good 10 minute walk from our apartment. It started pouring rain on the way home. I put my rain jacket over Evan and started running. Luc slept through the whole run in the rain home too. It was probably best because it was freezing! Luc and I were soaked when we got home. Seeing that park was worth it though.
No comments:
Post a Comment