This morning we went to meet my new French friend at a park. Again I forgot my camera to take a picture of her walking her cat. I will do it sometime though. We had a nice chat trying to teach each other our language. I tried to teach her how to produce the "th" sound which she did very well. She tried to teach me how to roll my tongue in the back of my throat for the "r" which I did not do so well. We also met a nanny and two kids. Luc played with the kids some. I think a lot of people enjoy speaking English when they have the opportunity. I have had 3 people now tell me that they enjoy getting the practice.
After naps, the boys and I went back out. We went to the larger park up the street from our apartment. We looked at the waterfall, the pond, the ducks, and Luc played on the playground. We met another American family on the playground. The husband/dad is here working on his PhD. That's about as far in the conversation that we got when I had to leave to get supper ready.
Anyway, that was our day today. Oh we stopped at a patisserie (pastry shop) on the way home and had the best bread ever. It was a long loaf (similar to a baguette but very soft) and it had chocolate chips in it. It may top my original favorite pastry here, "pain au chocolat" which is more like a croissant with chocolate. I am going to start taking pictures of all these pastries to show. If it weren't for all the walking I'm doing, I'd come back 50 pounds heavier.
1 comment:
I l0ve chocolate croissants! Glad you are trying awesome new things!
Post a Comment