I can't believe the baby we were so worried for 7 months ago is a healthy 4 month old now. The past 4 months has really flown by. I am glad we have gotten to do so much but I hate that it is taking all my baby time from me.
Anyway, Evan is so big. He rolls over from his stomach to his back. I haven't seen him go from his back to his stomach though. He wants to sit completely up. He can balance for a few seconds. Once he falls, he is super P.O.ed. He smiles, talks, and laughs all the time. He loves to watch Luc...or anyone for that matter. He has become such a good baby. We drag him to the park twice a day, interrupting his naps, and he is okay with that. He still sleeps with us. I think he will until we are done traveling. It is much easier than trying to get him used to a new bed every place we go. It may be more difficult to get him to sleep alone than it was for Luc but it allows me to get sleep now.
We took him to the doctor today. We went to the American Hospital in Paris. The doctor is from the U.S. He was really nice. Evan looks good. He's having no trouble growing for sure. The doctor said that if he had used European growth charts he would have been off the charts for everything. So here are both of the boys stats at 4 months old:
Luc's stats at 4 months: weight 16 lb
height 26.5"
head (big - I don't know)
Evan's stats at 4 months: weight 16.9 lb - 90th percentile
height 25.5" - 75th percentile
head 17.2" - almost 90th percentile
So in Europe the doctor writes a prescription for vaccines. You have to take the prescription to a pharmacist to have filled then go back to the doctor for him to give the shots. UGH SUCH A PAIN! So I have to complain about this. The doctor we saw is very far away from us. We have to take 3 different trains then walk about 15 minutes to get there. The metro stops over here mostly have stairs...a few stops have escalators and even fewer have elevators. So Brian took off from researching today to help me. He can't take off another day so next week, I will have to make this journey alone with the boys. I am NOT very excited about it. I am considering taking the bus which may take closer to 2 hours to get there.
This isn't the best picture but it was his first time trying his vitamins. I was supposed to give them to him starting at 2 months. He was having enough stomach problems so I didn't want to add iron to all that. Anyway, this was his first and last time for vitamins. He took them, then projectile vomited all over the place.
1 comment:
God bless him, but if he's growing well, I wouldn't risk another PV by continuing with the vitamins either!
He is such a cutie!
Post a Comment