One reason that we stayed a couple of extra days in London is Guy Fawkes night. I had no idea what this was until this month. Guy Fawkes was an Englishman who tried to blow up the Houses of Parliment in the 1600s. Anyway, the whole plan was uncovered before it happened. If you want a detailed story, google it. I am just saying what I've been told.
So on November 5 (or the weekend near it), British people have big bonfires and shoot fireworks. Some even make a Guy Fawkes by stuffing old clothes to throw into the bonfire.
Friday night we went to a park for a big firework display. We were unaware that there would be a carnival there too. This was Luc's first carnival though he didn't ride any rides. We told him that we came for fireworks NOT the carousel.
It was pretty cold out.
The fireworks were great. Luc loved and hated them. They were very loud but Luc really wanted to see them.
Evan slept through the first part. When he woke up, he loved them. The boys were so happy considering it was about 2 and a half hours past their bedtime.
2 comments:
I just wanted to say thanks for linking your twitter posts to your blog. Very funny and entertaining!
those fireworks look amazing! and i think that last picture of evan might be my favorite of him to date!!! meg misses her boyfriend.
Post a Comment