Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Evan at 6 Months

I can't believe this boy is 6 months old. I think I say this every month but really. Why do babies have to grow up so fast? Evan is officially 6 months old. We will not have his 6 month check up until he is almost 7 months. I don't know his height or head circumference but I did weigh him. He is a load to carry around at 19 pounds.

Evan is still not sleeping through the night. In fact, now that we are back in Alabama, he has been waking up every 1-3 hours. No, I am not exaggerating.
I started feeding him cereal and usually apples once a day. He doesn't like to eat from a spoon. A lot of the time, he mashes his lips together so that I can't feed him. If he does eat it, he will gag or just spit it out. I don't know how much actually goes through.

I am just assuming that some cereal is going through and that it is the culprit to his constipation the past couple of days. He hasn't pooped in a couple of days and he's been gassy. When I started feeding Luc cereal, he became constipated. I am just assuming that Evan is getting some cereal in him and that the same thing is happening. Anyway, the nurse at his doctor's office said that I could just stop feeding him until I get back to Austin and see Dr Mani.

Here are some fun things that Evan has been doing:
-smiles most of the time
-reaches for me
-still loves to watch Luc
-loves to grab anything within reach
-of course anything he grabs goes directly to his mouth
-he is sitting pretty good without support
-he scoots all over the place
-is very cuddly
-loves his burp clothes (strange I know but it is his lovey)
- loves to suck his toes
-fake coughs and gags to make us laugh
-When I wave, he throws his arm around like crazy. I can't decide if this is his wave or just a movement


Evan scooting from Noelle McNeil on Vimeo.

Luc and Evan comparisons at 6 months:
-Luc 17 lbs; Evan 19 lbs
-Luc started crawling right after his 6 month birthday; Evan is almost there
-Luc was sleeping through the night; Evan is not even close
-Both were happy, smiley babies
-Both grabbed everything and put everything in their mouths

2 comments:

Faith said...

When Levi had this problem, our doc told us to moe from rice cereal to one of the others, oatmeal or barley. Seemed to work for us. Ok, time to read the rest of your posts.

Kim P. said...

Yeah, our doctor said the same thing about using other cereals like oatmeal or barley. Also, we got the ok to mix prune juice with the cereal and that helped Molly alot too. I promise it didn't make her a juice junkie. Now she'll only drink water =) We gave her watered down apple/prune juice once a day in a bottle and that really helped too.