Friday, October 1, 2010

Our move

We made it to London safely yesterday afternoon. Luc loved the super fast train that we rode...ssupposedly it went 184 mph. I enjoyed the scenery of Northern France. I have pictures of our train and some of the scenery. I'll post those later.

Our trip was a bit exhausting. We had to walk a bit to the metro station then up and down stairs at the tube station in London...all with Evan wrapped onto me, Brian pulling two suitcases, me pulling one suitcase and pushing Luc in the stroller. It was also pretty hectic trying to get all of us and all of the luggage onto each train before the doors shut. We were all really tired when we got to the house. I'm glad it's over and I'm not looking forward to doing it again for 5 weeks.

The house in London is a good bit larger than in Paris. We have a 3 bedroom/3 bathroom townhouse. We are only using 2 of the bedrooms/bathrooms though. It is really nice. I will post pictures soon. The area on the other hand is quite a bit different than our place in Paris. We are not in a nice part of London. I would compare it to East Austin or South Montgomery for all of you at home. We will see whether space or location is more important to us after this trip. On a good note, we did find a playground down the street from our house.

I am actually pretty excited about being so close to a cool museum for kids too. The Museum of London is only two DLR stations away from us. They have an "under 5s" playgroup every Monday morning and a story time every Thursday morning for free. Most of the museums here are free.

2 comments:

Kristen said...

glad you guys made it safe! can't imagine doing all that traveling with all the stuff and kids!! you guys are troopers.

Kim P. said...

Those trains are a bit crazy to get on and off, so I can't imagine doing it with kids and luggage! I had a hard enough time just with my backpack. I do think it would be easier to ride a train with kids though than an airplane since you can get up and move around anytime you want. We really enjoyed the trains when we were there. Glad you made it safely!