Monday, October 18, 2010

Potting Training Sucess

Kim reminded me from a comment that I haven't even talked about Luc's potty trainning experience. So here it is. I think I am very lucky. I don't know that it could have been any easier.

Before we left Texas, he wore underwear during the daytime while we were at home. I put a diaper on him when we went out and for naps and nighttime though. He was doing pretty well. He would have an accident twice a week or so.

When we got to my parents, he wore underwear all the time during his waking hours. It was so easy there because we rarely left the house. He could just pull his pants down outside and pee. He pooped outside one day too. We were down at the pond which is a good little walk from the house. He had to go bad so what else was I going to do. I did have to explain that he wasn't going to make that a habit.

So the bad part about letting your kid pee outside is that you have to make sure to set limits. After church one evening, Luc ran out the door, pulled his pants down and peeed. Luckily, noone was offended. I think several of the little boys did that growing up. That's what happens when you grow up in the country.

Since we've been traveling Luc has done great. He has had very few accidents. He only wears a diaper at nighttime. He usually wakes up if he has to pee though. He doesn't like wearing diapers but I won't let him sleep in underwear as long as we are sleeping in other peoples beds.

1 comment:

Kim P. said...

I'm glad it's gone so well! I know you were having trouble with the poop part before you left so I'm glad it worked itself out pretty easily. I'm sure it makes traveling so much more fun!