Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Typical Day In London with Noelle

 I realized that I haven't really talked about what our typical days are like. So for all of my friends who are so jealous of my trip, you may not be as jealous after you read this.

If the boys wake up before 8am, Brian usually gets up with them so that I can sleep until 8-8:30. This really makes a huge difference in our day. If I have to get up before 8, I am really grumpy all day. When I'm tired, I always have very little patience with Luc too. Once I'm up, Brian leaves and we have breakfast. Luc watches a movie and Evan naps while I get ready...or I just skip a shower and we head out the door. We are usually out the door between 10-11am.

We go to a different place every day depending on the weather. If it's nice out, we go to parks. If it's nasty or really cold, we go to a museum. We usually have a picnic in- or outdoors. Whenever we are finished with the place we are at, we start walking. Sometimes we go to another park or museum and sometimes we just walk around London. I have calculated that I walk 3-5 miles a day which is probably why I am always hungry but I've lost weight. Evan usually naps in the stroller off and on all day. Luc will go to sleep on our walk. He usually only sleeps about 30 min-1 hour though.

We come home around 4-5pm. We wash hands, unpack, feed Evan then I start cooking dinner. By the time Brian gets home and we eat, Luc is usually either whining about everything or disagreeing with everything and being mean to Evan. Evan is usually screaming his head off the entire time I cook and while we eat. The second we finish eating it's off to the bath and into bed.

After bedtime, I clean up the house, try to update the blog, then go to bed myself. Then start over the next morning.
I do realize that my life could be MUCH easier and I would probably be a lot less tired and stressed out at the end of the day if I would just stick around the house most days. I think I will be glad I was always on the go when I look back at this trip though. When's the next time I will have a chance to come to Europe?

3 comments:

Kristen said...

i know you must be exhausted!! i am so impressed with all of the outings you are taking the boys on. i think i could only handle one day like that a week... i don't know how you are doing it every day!! i agree, i bet you'll be glad when you look back on it all.

BartleyFamily said...

I totally agree, I think you will look back at your awesome pictures and be so glad you did it...and then we have to take a girls trip in 20 years or so and you can show us all around!

Kim P. said...

I'm glad you are getting to do so much even though it's not easy. You wouldn't have it any other way, though..haha! I know it's not easy but yes, it's worth it =)