Friday, October 15, 2010

The Horse Guards Parade and Changing of the Guards

I went back to Buckingham Palace the next day to see the changing of the guards because they only do it at certain times. All I knew was that one guard took over the place of the guard on duty and that there was a band. I also thought that on a Tuesday morning in October not many people would be there. I was so wrong about everything.

On our way there, we passed by the horse guard museum and here is what we saw. It just looked like a stand off. They weren't doing anything until the clock chimed 11am. Then two rows of horses left and two men started yelling. I couldn't understand what they were saying. Maybe I will write an entry about language barriers. Understanding British English is not as easy as I thought it would be.
 I was so wrong about there not being many people. I did not even attempt to get close enough to see the changing of the guards.
 We did have the best view for the parade though.
Watch this until the end. It was not funny at all at the time but now it's pretty funny. I was pretty scared when it happened.
Changing of the Guards scare from Noelle McNeil on Vimeo.


Luc and I think this is funny
Funny guard march from Noelle McNeil on Vimeo.


 It was a bit chilly. A yummy hot chocolate in the park was the perfect ending to our exciting morning.

1 comment:

Briana said...

That was cute. I liked the march.