Although I absolutely hate being so far from home, Brian and I have met some really great friends since we've been here. We are so blessed to have met them. There is no way I would have lasted so long in Texas if it weren't for all of you.
This week some of these wonderful friends took time out of their busy lives to help me with Luc. I don't have any pictures from Luc's fun days with his friends. Maybe some of them took some that I can steal ;-)
On Monday, Luc spent the day with Caren, Maizie, and baby Anderson. Caren is a baby whisperer. Luc took 2 super long naps at her house Monday. He would never do that with me. Some of our other friends came over to Caren's on Monday to to make a playdate out of Caren's long babysitting day. Luc had so much fun playing with all his friends Monday.
We had plans Tuesday morning to go to church to play with Ryan while his mom ran some errands. I ended up having a pretty tough morning so Kim was sweet enough to bring Ryan to our house instead. He got to enjoy Luc's toys all to himself while Luc napped. Once Luc woke up, the boys played together for a while. Kim was able to drop Luc off at our friend Briana's house for Tuesday afternoon. Briana watched Luc so that I could work Tuesday. He had so much fun there too with her oldest two kids, Bella and Bubba. They have fun toys and a playset in their backyard. Briana also fed us after work. The whole drive home and after we got home, Luc asked for Bubba over and over. It was so sweet.
On Wednesday, Luc spent the whole day with Kim and Ryan. Sarah was going to keep him Wednesday afternoon but since he was having so much fun, Kim just decided to keep him all day. Sarah did come over and help though. She and Kim took the boys to a really fun indoor playground this afternoon. Luc had so much fun with them. When I went to see him on my lunch break and after work, he didn't even acknowledge that I came in.
I was really worried about juggling Luc between so many houses and so many people but he did great. He didn't cry when I dropped him off at anyone's house. I'm so glad that I am able to leave him in good hands with friends. While it does make me sad that he doesn't get really excited to see me when I pick him up, I am so glad that he doesn't mind if I leave him for a while. It would make it so much harder to leave him if he cried when I left.
Thank you all so much for helping me this week girls!
2 comments:
anytime! and I may have some phone pics, but my regular camera is dead, and the last time I saw the charger, a 14 mo old was walking down the hall with it! =P
No pictures from me either. I was too busy chasing them around...j/k. I just never had the camera near when they were being really cute. I didn't mind watching Luc at all! You definitely do your part to help out, and that's what friends are for! I think if you stay here long enough you'll decide to stay here permanently, or at least that's my plan =)
Post a Comment