Monday, January 4, 2010

Scare at home

On Christmas Eve night, I began bleeding AGAIN. It couldn't have happened at a more inconvenient time. It was late and we had to drive up to Brian's parents the next morning. I called the on call doctor who advised me to go to the ER. We decided that since it seemed just like the past 3 episodes and I could feel him move around a lot, we would wait it out. By Christmas night, I was fine.

A few days later, it began again but this time it was a lot more than the past. I went to a doctor who did an ultrasound. They found a hematoma on the placenta. I had to see my doctor today just to make sure everything is okay. My understanding is that it is a pocket of blood that typically clots off. Today my doctor warned me that when this happens I will probably bleed a while lot and have lots of cramps. She warned me so that I wouldn't panic if it happens. She told me not to worry about avoiding my normal activities like walking around, carrying Luc, etc. I do have to go back every time I even have the slightest spotting. I think they will monitor to make sure I don't lose too much blood.

Well with all these complications, I have been able to see this sweet baby more often. We haven't had our anatomy ultrasound but we did confirm our assumptions about the sex. He is definitely a boy...another very active one. Luc is going to love having a little brother to play and wrestle with...after he gets over the new baby taking over a lot of his mommy time.

I never got to see this with Luc. He kept yawning and yawning. It was so cute.

2 comments:

Kristen said...

uggg... so sorry you've had to go through all this crap. glad it looks like everything is ok! can't wait to find out what mine is. is it bad that i really, really hope it is another girl?

Caren said...

Yay for boys! Boo for bleeding and having to deal with all that over Christmas. We'll keep praying that the rest of your pregnancy comes with no more medical weirdness!