Sunday, November 1, 2009

Candy, pianos, and girls!

I love Halloween parties and haunted hay rides and haunted houses and trick or treating. We haven't really done much for Halloween since we've been in Austin...other than carve pumpkins and attending small parties that our apartments have thrown. It's hard to do the scary stuff now with a toddler though. This year we decided it would be fun to take Luc trick or treating. After all, he loves candy but doesn't get it often and he can say trick or treat and thank you.

We started out in River Place, a neighborhood down the road from our house. This is the neighborhood where we always go to the playgrounds and go for walks. This is where we would live if we were going to be in Austin long term....like after we win the lottery. We love it over there. Well, it is a great place to trick or treat...very safe...very friendly.

And yes, they do hand out full size candy bars over there. I admit, I did know that beforehand which may have been another motive for our stop in River Place.

Daddy and Luc going to find more candy.

We practiced saying trick or treat all week. When people opened door though, Luc just froze and stared at them. I think he said trick or treat two times the whole night. Oh well, he did say thank you when he got what he wanted.

When he got to a door, he would get a peice of candy out of his pumpkin and hand it to the person at the door. The only thing we could think of was that he thought he had to give a peice of his to get a new peice. Anyway, it was really cute.

As we were walking up to the third house, my doctor walked out to greet us. We visited with his family for a bit then ended up walking around the neighborhood with them. Dr Molena's kids are a little older than Luc. Luc loved chasing them. I think both Brian and Dr Molena enjoyed having another man to walk and talk with.

Oh and of course, all the adults in River Place dressed with their kids for Halloween. Brian dressed as a tired grad student/dad and I dressed as a tired pregnant mom.

Sorry for the burry picture but I had to post this. This was a costume. I think he was a tree.

We did have some trouble with him trying to just open doors without knocking. We left River Place to go see a couple of people we know. Luc loved Mrs. Susan's house because she had big dogs, stairs, and a piano. Susan is one of my supervisors...and friend. He absolutley loved her house and did not want to leave.



And our last stop was Jamie's house, another supervisor/friend. He loved Mrs. Jamie's house too because there were 20something preteen girls there (Jamie, I still think you are so brave for having that many girls at your house). Luc definitely got his second wind there. Jamie's daughter, Kelsea, has babysat Luc a few times. She usually brings a friend so Luc knew some of these girls. I actually don't even know what all he did because I didn't see him after we took him out of the car.


When we got home, we let Luc look at and eat some of his candy even though it was super late when we got home.

We had a very Happy Halloween!

3 comments:

Kristen said...

wow, full sized candy bars!! we're hitting up river place next year! i'd love to live there too, maybe you guys can split your lotto winnings with us. luc made a very cute tiger!

myra said...

What fun! Sounds like you, I mean Luc, scored big candy wise! And that is too precious about trading candy!

Kim P. said...

Looks like you had a great time! I'm sure you got much more candy than if you'd come to our neighborhood, although our neighbors did have a haunted house. Sorry the boys didn't get to celebrate together this year.