Tuesday, November 17, 2009

12 weeks update

I thought I'd give a pregnancy update. I'm 12 weeks along. In a lot of ways, this pregnancy has been very similar to Luc. I have been sick up until this past weekend. I think I was a bit sicker and for longer with Luc. I'm having the same sinus and skin problems that I had while I was pregnant with Luc. By now I had gained 8 pounds with Luc. I have only gained about 2 this time though. I have had some stomach issues that I won't go into detail about. That is probably why I haven't gained weight. I am seeing a gastroenterologist later this week.

The biggest difference with this pregnancy is that I have been bleeding. Of course, both times it has scared the crap out of me. I have been to the doctor twice already for bleeding and even some cramping. Today, they sent me to have an ultrasound. They could not find a reason for the bleeding and cramping. The baby looked great. I looked great. It is just so weird. They told me not to worry if it happens again unless it is a lot and if cramps are painful. They tols me to go about my every day activities and not let this affect anything. They even said that I could keep working out....HAHAHAHA because I work out sooo much. Anyway, looks like this may be something that goes on throughout the pregnancy.

Well, with all the scariness, I did get to see another glance of this sweet baby. When we were looking around they showed a between the legs shot. I mentioned that it looked just like Luc's ultrasound. She said that they aren't suppose to say but that it definitely looks like a boy but not to hold her to that. Their office is actually doing a study to determine how early and how accurate at an early stage, they can determine the sex. I guess well see if we were right in a few more weeks. As for now, I'll call him a him.

He was literally waving his little arm back and forth.

BIG stretch

He was very active kicking his legs and waving his arms. Also, just like older brother, he kept his arms around his face most of the time.

3 comments:

Briana said...

What a sweet picture. I love the stretching!

I also had/have stomach problems with pregnancy. With my first, I gained 60lbs, but with my latest three, I had severe stomach issues and haven't gained more than ten per pregnancy overall. This one I have only netted three pounds!

I also had bleeding with Claire, and my doc told me the same thing after not seeing anything on ultrasounds. Just let them know if it gets real heavy or cramping starts, but it never did. Just had random bleeding several times at the beginning(first 14wks) and a few times at the end(last ten wks or so). It made me nervous, but she came out just fine and I had no complications. :)

myra said...

Yay for feeling better! I had some bleeding with this pregnancy (in week 13) and it is so scary. My Dr. said that it was probably a burst blood vessel. I know it happens to many people in pregnancy but it's definitely different and scary when it happens to you. Hopefully it will stop and you'll have a smooth and uncomplicated pregnancy from here on out.
That's so crazy that you may already know it's a boy. It will be interesting to see if he is really a he!

Kristen said...

i am so glad you are feeling better and that all is well with baby! i'm sorry you had to be scared to death, but i'm also a teeny bit jealous you got to see the boy parts!!