So I planned on having turkey on night, turkey pot pie another night, and turkey and dumplings another night. We only got to the turkey alone because Brian loves turkey and I made turkey salad, which I love. I will admit, I probably didn't carve it correctly. Baboo, you probably could have gotten more meat from the bird. You should probably teach me how to make dressing AND how to carve a turkey.
Thursday, November 12, 2009
Our first turkey
Brian and I have never cooked a turkey so we thought it would be fun to cook one. Well, we did...a big one. It was a delicious 16 lb turkey. We cooked that big bird on Sunday. You would think we would never finish that much turkey but it's Thursday and the turkey is gone.

So I planned on having turkey on night, turkey pot pie another night, and turkey and dumplings another night. We only got to the turkey alone because Brian loves turkey and I made turkey salad, which I love. I will admit, I probably didn't carve it correctly. Baboo, you probably could have gotten more meat from the bird. You should probably teach me how to make dressing AND how to carve a turkey.
So I planned on having turkey on night, turkey pot pie another night, and turkey and dumplings another night. We only got to the turkey alone because Brian loves turkey and I made turkey salad, which I love. I will admit, I probably didn't carve it correctly. Baboo, you probably could have gotten more meat from the bird. You should probably teach me how to make dressing AND how to carve a turkey.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
That is impressive! Our first turkey was heavily supervised and guided by my wonderful MIL. I love the bird too, but yeah, they are a bit large to be making one more often ...
Very nice! Well done for your first time! And yes, your turkey salad was very yummy =)
i am so impressed you tackled this on your own. i hate to think of the day i have to take over cooking thanksgiving dinner. pb and j's are about the extent of my cooking ability.
That is very impressive! We're attempting our first turkey next week. (Well actually Patrick will be in charge). Turkeys intimidate me. :)
Post a Comment