Friday, October 30, 2009

How to keep a toddler happy at a social gathering in public

It's so inconvenient for families that we have the Auburn watch parties at a restaurant. Supposedly, they used to have them at a bowling alley in a party room. I think that would be somewhat easier. Anyway, most families start coming the first couple of games then don't come back. I guess they get sick of fighting with their kids. I do too but we stick with it. Here's how we do it.

Lots of snacks

Climbing all over the bench and table...the only people that ever want to sit with us have a 2 year old. Noone else comes near our table.

Making "titty tats" with "day dough"

Daddy acts really silly

Luc acts really silly

The best for me is this...

...then I get to enjoy the game. And btw, I don't know how, but we have been lucky enough for him to fall asleep the past 3 times that we've been.

I don't particularly like eating out in the first place but by the time football season is over, I will probably not want to eat out for a very very long time.