Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Sad day in Auburn

First of all, I had so much planned for our 2 days in Auburn. I wanted to see everyone that I love and miss so much. I only saw about half the people I had planned to see. And the friends and family I did get to see was for a very short time. Hopefully, I will get to see those of you I missed this trip when we come back in November.

Oh I forgot to tell about our Friday night. Heather, David, and I went out to Loachapoka to Fred's Feed and Seed to hear this guy play. He was great. I really enjoyed his music. The location however reminded me of the movie House of 1000 Corpses. It was pretty sketchy. We walk through this old run down store to the back where there is a dark barn-like room. This was where the show was. The audience consisted of mostly 50-60 year old long bearded men in overalls (they kind of looked like cave men). We are sitting there laughing when David says "Oh my gosh look at that man over there". We turn to see a man with his big curled up mustache eating a bowl of turnip greens. I laugh every time I think about it. It was hilarious.

After a little rest, Heather and I went back to campus for the game. It was FREEZING. We were pretty miserable from the weather already...our boys stinking up on the field made it even worse.


I missed Nova in air. I was fooling with my lens...darn fancy camera.

This is my picture of the only good play of the night. Stupid man in front of me threw his hand up right as Neiko Thorpe was crossing the goal line.

There is a picture of me and Heather at the game but I don't have it. Heather I need those horrible pictures of my Rudolph nose.

No comments: