This will be a boring no picture blog since I am super tired and need to go to bed. Anyway, I'll post his birthday pictures later...which was also a pretty low-key birthday.
The boys are very similar in size. Evan may be a tiny bit smaller than Luc was. Here are there stats at 12 months starting with Evan:
Height 30 in (50th percentile)
Weight 22 lb (40th percentile)
Head 48 1/2 cm (95th percentile)
Luc's 12 month stats:
Height 31 in (97th percentile) I am thinking one of these percentiles is wrong.
Weight 22 1/2 lb (45th percentile)
Head 49 cm (97th percentile)
Evan woke up with a swollen red eye this morning. Luckily, we were already going to the doctor. She said it may be the start of pink eye...or it's just allergies. This is awesome since we're flying tomorrow. I'll just put a patch over his eye.
Evan looks great for the most part. We did have a little bit of a dramatic visit though. He got 3 shots which he was pretty sad about. Then they wanted to take blood to check his iron. She took the blood then came back in and said "I need to get a little more. Something looks REALLY BAD with his blood." I say "Oh is he anemic" (after all, I do forget to give him his vitamins). "No, it's a lot worse than that" she says. What the heck? So she squeezes more blood out of his tiny little finger as he screams his little lungs out. Again, his blood looked really bad. She decides it is best to do it a 3rd time but start all over on another finger. By this time, I am beginning to feel a little panicky and both Evan and I have blood all over us (my legs, my face, my neck, his clothes, his face, my arms, etc). She does it the 3rd time. The blood "looks" normal. Dr Mani came in and said he is a little anemic. I asked about the serious problem with his blood and she said it must have been something in the test tube or something. UGH Anyway, no biggy about low iron. I just need to be more consistent with his vitamins.
We do have to take him back to the pediatric ophthalmologist to have his eyes checked again. She said they still look off when she does the light test. I'm not very worried about his eyes. We also have to take him to a cardiologist to check out the heart murmur. I'm not worried about that either since both Luc and I have a murmur. Anyway, we'll go just to be 100% positive though.
Other than that, Dr Mani was happy to see him walking, talking, finally sleeping through the night (although I'm not happy with his early wake-up call around 6:30-7am), and eating well.
2 comments:
That's awful about the blood thing!! Are you kidding me? Poor Evan and poor you. Glad it turned out to be nothing. That's interesting about the anemic thing. My pediatrician told me not to worry about vitamins and neither one was anemic. I guess they're both such big eaters it's not a problem =) I hope his eye is ok tomorrow!
I'm sorry about your scare! I'm glad the visit went well.
Post a Comment