Thursday, December 10, 2009

My big helper

Luc has become very helpful with household chores. He loves to think that I need his help. I think it makes him feel very important.

Luc almost always takes his dishes to the sink or sometimes dishwasher after we eat. It really is very helpful because I don't have to do it later.

He also takes his dirty clothes (and any clothes he sees on the floor for that matter) to the laundry room. I sometimes find the dirty clothes in the dryer rather than the clothes basket but that's okay. I don't have to walk around picking up after him as much. It would be awesome if he would teach his daddy to do this too.

Two of his favorite helping jobs is putting away clean dishes and bringing clean clothes to me. At first, it was annoying that he wanted to help put away clean dishes because I felt like it took so long and I was scared that he would break my dishes. Then I realized that I should really let him help with chores if he wants to. I know it makes him feel helpful. It's really pretty nice not to have to bend over to get all the dishes out of the dishwasher too.

It also helps that he wants to bring me the clothes from the dryer. It takes him several trips from the dryer to the couch to get them all. It keeps him busy while I fold.

2 comments:

Kristen said...

hmmmmm... annie has been slacking off! we need luc to come over and teach her how to do some work around here!

Kim P. said...

That's great that he's so good at helping! Definitely a good thing to teach him even if it does take longer to get things done.