Monday I had to work most of the day so everyone rested around the house. This is what they were doing when I came home. Luc got to enjoy a horse movie with Laiken and Lyric.
Tuesday morning Luc woke up really early. We got ready and went to Rock-N River. Luc wasn't too excited about it. He did play in the water and we went around the lazy river. I think he was just super tired. Tuesday night we went to the Hula Hut...one of my favorite Austin eateries.
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
Teenagers need lots of sleep and aren't happy when toddlers wake them up at 6:45am. When you're in a little apartment, the balcony is the most peaceful place.
Wednesday morning we headed downtown. On the way, we stopped at Mount Bonnell. After that, we went to the Botanical Gardens. It was a great morning to be outdoors. Although it was still hot, it was overcast so it wasn't the typical 100+ degree heat.
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
Wednesday afternoon everyone went swimming while I was at work. Luc obviously had tons of fun. Bec crab walked around the little pool with Luc riding. If I did that every day, I bet I'd get in good shape.
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
Thursday we went to Driftwood. Our plan was to visit a winery then eat at the Salt Lick. We did eat at the Salt Lick...delicious. They only give tours of the winery on the weekends so we just walked around. Before heading home, we went to Cabela's. Luc loved seeing the fish but wasn't very interested in the animals.
One of my cousins at home has an insect project to do. How many moms want to spend their vacation looking for bugs? Well, Bec decided she would look for a scorpion or tarantula for Adrianne's bug collection since we don't have them in Alabama. It turned out to be an evening of silliness. I have never laughed so much looking for bugs in the dark...well I don't think I have ever looked for bugs in the dark.
Brian was trying to catch a flight home the whole week. He was finally able to catch a flight to Houston which arrived Friday morning. Friday morning, Baboo, Bec, and the girls headed back to Alabama and Luc and I headed to Houston. It was about time poor Luc had another man back in the house.
Thank you so much Baboo, Bec, Laiken, and Lyric for coming out this week. We had a lot of fun. Y'all were a big help to me while I was at work. And it was fun to have a house of girls to hang out with too.
Thank you Bec for taking such good pictures!
1 comment:
That last picture is hilarious! I can just picture you looking for bugs in the dark too! You're too funny =) I'm glad I got to meet some more of your family, even if I was too busy chasing a toddler to sit and visit much.
Post a Comment