I have mixed feelings about traveling during Christmas. It has become much more difficult with the kids. Not only do we have to travel 800+ miles but we also have Christmas with both sides of our families which live 3 1/2 hours apart. We have a lot of fun at both. It is just exhausting to travel that much especially on Christmas day. And we have Santa to deal with now too. One the other hand, I get really sad when I can't be with everyone during Christmas. I really miss the silliness of dirty Santa games, my cousins that I don't get to see when I go home, the delicious food, having teenagers that want to chase my boys around, and late night card games. Anyway, we decided not to go home this year which has been pretty sad for me.
I am so happy that we have awesome friends to distract us from the sadness though. Since we were here, my friend Ashley invited us to have dinner with them. It was a lot of fun. Thank you Ashley and Zac for letting us come trash your house and for the delicious food and for making my birthday fun!
I took cookies for the kids to decorate for Santa.
How else would you clean icing off the table?
The babies decorated one cookie. I don't think Santa wanted it though.
Following in their big brothers' footsteps (refer to the picture of "the castle" on facebook)
And Brian made a delicious Coca-Cola cake for me. It's my all time favorite cake...maybe favorite dessert. Sorry for the unattractive picture. Ashley, Brian, and Zac warned me that I was making an ugly face. Oh well...here's the picture anyway. We all celebrated my one year anniversary of my 29th birthday.
On a side note, I have also been very sad/anxious about this birthday. I know it's stupid. I know it's better than never turning 30. Not long ago, I thought 30 years old was old. I guess I'm old now.
No comments:
Post a Comment