Actually, Luc is a week away from 16 months old. Anyway, here is a check-up update.
He has had 3 ear infections in the past few months. He still has a small infection but they didn't not put him back on meds since he just finished some on Monday. I am giving him probiotics and we will check back in a couple of months.
He has 8 teeth and 2 more coming in. His hair is getting longer. He has one little curl in the back. He eats pretty much anything we eat and is usually a very good eater. He hasn't been eating good lately but I blame those ears and teeth.
That ridge on his head that I have been concerned about is the frontal suture (of the cranial bones) called a metopic suture. It can sometimes fuse together prematurely causing a ridge on the forehead. Dr. Mani assured me that it was nothing to worry about. We may have it x-rayed just to make sure.
Luc is now saying about 30 words spontaneously. He imitates almost everything we say. He is starting to put 2 words together like "hey Daddy" and "want that". I'm sure not just anyone would be able to understand what he says because he doesn't use every sound in a word. We understand him clearly though. His receptive language is very good too. He understands most anything we tell him. Of course, we only use simple phrases that he can understand.
Finally, Luc and Ryan had their first sleepover last night. Kim babysat for me yesterday afternoon and this morning so I could work. I babysat for her last night so she and Joe could go out. Luc and I just spent the night with them since it would be a late night and early morning...and Brian is out of town. The boys had so much fun playing together. We have decided that it is almost easier to have the boys together than have only one child. They play and keep each other company. Go to Kim's blog to see pictures.
No comments:
Post a Comment