Wednesday, January 7, 2009

No more thyroid and no cancer

I had my thyroid removed on Monday. Everything went well and I came home on Tuesday. The nodule on my thyroid gland was NOT cancer. That's great news. I'm glad that it is gone so we don't have to worry about that anymore.

Brian, Luc, and I thank everyone who prayed for us. We also thank Mama and Baboo for driving 700 + miles to be here during the surgery. I am really glad that Brian didn't have to wait in the waiting room alone while I was in surgery. And thank you so much, Sarah, for watching Luc so that they could be at the hospital.

Mama took pictures while I was in the hospital. I did not ask the doctor to take pictures during this surgery like I did my bunion surgery. I am not posting all the pictures Mama took. They are too beautiful to post.
Waiting not so patiently...I was STARVING

I wasn't quite so hungry afterwards

Luc was very good. He had lots of fun riding down the halls in wheelchairs and desk chairs with my mom. He did very good Monday. And he and Brian made it through their first night alone. Brian did great. Luc sleep well Monday night...so I hear. I couldn't hold him on Monday because he wanted to pull the drain out of my neck. He was very happy to be able to nurse on Tuesday.


I am doing fine now. My neck is a little stiff but that is because I haven't been moving my head around much. My throat was really sore Monday and Tuesday but it is much better today.

5 comments:

Kristen said...

So glad everything went well. I'm sure it is a relief to get that behind you.

Elizabeth said...

Glad that is over and went well. Hope you are back to 100% soon!

Kim P. said...

I"m so glad that it's over with and you got great news! I'm sure you're so relieved to have it over with!

myra said...

Yea for great news! Hope you recover quickly. I'm sure that was no fun. At least you didn't have to have that radio-iodine treatment and be quarantined for days.

Alyssa said...

That is great news! I'll be praying your recovery is quick!