Well this weekend was quite different. Friday night we attended a dinner party at Brian's professor's house. I can't say it was much fun for me since I wasn't interested in the conversations. I pretty much just talked to Luc. The food was good though. We didn't get home until after 10:00 and Luc didn't go to sleep until around 11. Saturday, he wanted to sleep until noon. After he got up, we went downtown to the Old Pecan Street Festival. It is an arts and crafts festival. I wasn't too impressed. It was dirty and stinky down there. I felt like Luc was breathing in garbage smell and cigarettes the whole time. We got a lemonade, kettle corn, and a turkey leg then left. We left the festival and headed to Uncle Bret's. I fed Luc then we went out to Bret's pool for a little bit. Luc slept in my arms while we were there. Sunday's are always a challenge because I have to get Luc up and ready before he's ready to get up. I figured he would sleep during church then we would come home and he would nap again. WRONG! He slept on the way to church and talked and laughed during church. I took him to the nursery to feed him but he still wanted to talk. We came home and he did not take a nap at all. He was so exhausted by the late evening.
I told Brian that this may be a little taste of what our next month is going to be like. When we go home, poor Luc is not going ot have much normalcy. I'm going to try to keep his regular bedtime routine but he is going to be in a different bed every other day. We'll see what happend.
"Look how tall I am"
heading to the pool
going to the Old Pecan Festival
Yum a turkey leg
Luc, you want a bite
Luc and Bret's cat, Rambo
2 comments:
I understand about the routine thing. We're learning that Ryan is less portable now and really needs naps at home and not to stay out as late. It's hard though because we like to be flexible and have him on OUR schedule =) Now that he cries in the car if we're out too late it's much less fun, and I'm pretty nervous about just traveling for a weekend with him.
That's so fun that he's standing now...he's a cutie!
The new pics are SOO cute! I wrote you back on Facebook, thanks for your help!!!
Post a Comment