Monday, June 6, 2011

Travel drama and fun

The boys and I headed home a couple of weeks ago while Brian was traveling. Our trip started with a frustrating trip to the airport but it ended up working well. We arrived at the airport Saturday morning for our 6:50 am flight to find out that it was cancelled. We had been rescheduled for the 10:45 flight. We waited, played, and annoyed other travelers. Just before boarding time they announced that they needed some travelers to give up their seats because the plane was overbooked. I gave up our seats and they rebooked us for the next morning. It worked out well for us because Luc and I each got $400 delta voucher, 5000 frequent flyer miles added to our account, and they changed my arrival to Montgomery, AL rather than Pensacola, FL (which is much further away from my parents but it was cheapest when I booked our flight).

Anyway, it did change family plans. I was only able to spend about half a day with my brothers and sister. David, who was suppose to be out of town, had changed his plans so that he could spend some time with his favorite sister and nephews. Thank you David! I'm still sorry that we got there a day late.

We were pretty exhausted by the time we got home but we did have some fun down at the pond.

Aunt Allison and soon-to-be Uncle John were able to visit for the day too. 
I got to spend a little bit of time with my oldest boys. 

Luc caught a ginormous fish. 

Will and Sam brought a really cool sprinkler. 

No comments: