Evan is 8 months old. Wow time flies! Last night, Brian and I realized that one year ago yesterday we were rushing to the emergency room for the first of many pregnancy scares. What a long scary few months it was! I am so so so happy that God had plans for Evan that was completely against what the doctors were telling us. If only I had known then...
Evan is obviously a growing, healthy baby. I don't know how much he weighs but he is wearing 12-18 month clothes. He now had 2 teeth. He is finally crawling on his hands and knees rather than dragging his legs behind him. He pulls up to stand. He is starting to push things around but mostly by walking on his knees. He will finally eat most anything and he will drink from a sippy cup.
Our biggest challenge with Evan is that he is still a terrible sleeper. He goes to sleep on his own very easily. In fact, I noticed this morning in church that it is actually very difficult to get him to sleep by rocking him. Our problem is that he doesn't stay asleep. He usually wakes up at least twice a night. Sometimes he will go right back to sleep but other times he will cry for up to an hour. I have stopped nursing him when he wakes up which makes him pretty angry.
How does this work when your kids share a room? We have a palate on our bedroom floor for the nights Evan wakes Luc up...which is most nights. It works though.
So here is this super handsome sweet baby boy...
Gotta love those eyes!
3 comments:
Oh man I really think Evan and Bretton are kindred spirits or something. It seems they are alike in many ways. Bretton still wakes up 2 times a night most nights. I keep saying once we move into our own place I will let him cry and I do let him cry at least one time when he wakes up but I take the easy way out and nurse him most of the time. Sorry you're going through the same thing Noelle. I keep telling myself that Bretton WILL sleep through the night at some point.
Evan is a cutie pie!
happy 8 months little guy... wow, that hospital scare seems sooooo long ago now.
meg is EXACTLY the same way about sleeping, but she wakes up 3-4 times a night. i still nurse her, mainly because i'm scared her screaming is going to wake annie up and i'd rather lose sleep than have annie lose sleep, talk about GROUCHY!!!!
evan, you are adorable!
He's such a cutie! So sorry he's not a good sleeper. I have to say, that picture of him sleeping is EXACTLY how Molly sleeps. She rolls over with her blanket and scooches to the corner and sleeps on her belly with her legs under and her head up against the crib bumpers. That's why she's not a good sleeper in a pack & play...can't get comfy like that in the corner. Too funny.
Post a Comment