...AM I REALLY BLOGGING???
So, I am obviously so behind in blogging. I have been super busy. I am still trying to get settled into our apartment. I started working the first week of January. Brian started back at UT. And we have finally decided on a preschool for Luc to attend a couple of days a week. Anyway, I seriously doubt I will be updating half as often as I usually do. I have decided my goal will be to try to update something at least once a week.
So, we brought in the new year downtown at a kid's concert/circus performance. It was a nice evening but we didn't make it the whole night. It started with a performance by the Biscuit Brothers. This is a kids band with a couple of silly farmers playing guitars and singing silly songs. Luc liked watching and listening but he would not participate in the dancing. I think he really needed Annie for some dancing motivation. After that we walked around and watched some of the performances. There were acrobats, fire twirlers, crazy looking bike rides, an enormous rocking horse, other musical guests, and LOTS of Austin weirdos. We ended the night with an African drum and dance performance. We all got cold and decided to leave before the fireworks started.
Oh and we ended our night watching an EXTREMELY intoxicated girl try to stubble to her car. It was quite entertaining for so many people until the end...which was still hilarious but a bit disturbing too. While stumbling away, she stopped by a tree to relieve herself...while trying to squat behind that tree, she tumbled over and rolled down a little hill...while showing everyone and their children her business. Now trust me when I say it was NOT a pretty site. I was really worried that I would have bad dreams about it. Luckily, I didn't but I do wish I could erase that picture out of my mind.
No comments:
Post a Comment