Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Luc's birthday: Part 1

We had a family birthday party for Luc today. This morning he got to open his presents from us. He got a slide/climber and the Little People Airport. I had to work all day so we didn't get to go out to do anything. Luc spent the day with his Daddy. Brian went and bought him a small cake so that he could have cake ON his birthday. We sang to him then ate some cake.

He was so excited when he saw his slide this morning. Brian had it set up in the living room. I wasn't sure that he would have much of a reaction until he got to slide but evidentally he already knew what it was. As soon as we walked into the living room after he woke up, he started pointing and saying "uh da...uh da...uh da". I haven't really figured out what this means yet. I think it means "what's that" because he always points to things and says that with a question-like intonation. You would think I would know these things since I am a speech pathologist. Anyway, he was very excited. He knew exactly what to do.



And here he is gobbling up his cake. He was naked but started shivering so I put a bib on him to warm him up. I was not about to let him wear clothes with bright blue icing. His hands are stained blue. The blue didn't come completely off in the tub.






2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Luc will enjoy that slide for a long time. The pictures are so cute of him eating the cake. I cannot believe he is 1 already!

Kristen said...

Happy Birthday LUC!!!