Sunday, March 2, 2008

Baby arrival





Most everyone knows by now that we have a baby. We checked into the hospital on Sunday Feb 17 at 10 pm for our induction. They got me in and hooked me up to what seemed like thousands of machines. My blood pressure was high and the babies heart beat was low so they could not begin anything without consulting with my doctor Monday morning. We had a LONG night of being monitored. Monday morning my dr gave the okay to start the pitocin. The contractions got pretty intense quickly. I finally got the epidural (I have no idea what time). The epidural wasn't working though so the anesthesiologist had to come in and give me something else. I didn't really care what they were giving me as long as it helped stop the pain. At 4ish, my dr came in and told the nurse that I needed to start pushing soon. I started pushing at 4:30. After 2 and a half hours of pushing, Luc was born at 7:02pm. He was so perfect...but he did have a bigtime conehead. He weighed 7 lbs 12 oz and 20 in long...NOT the 9 to 9 and a half lb baby the dr thought he would be. Brian was with me the whole time. My parents and sister were there too. A couple of hours after the delivery, I began bleeding internally. They had to take me into surgery to determine the cause. They removed a hematoma. They had to give me a couple of pints of blood because of all the blood I lost prior to surgery. We got to come home on Thurs.

No comments: