Sunday, September 22, 2013

Madeline's First Birthday Party

I apologize, mostly to the grandparents, aunts, and uncles that weren't able to come, for being a week late posting this birthday post. We had a low key first birthday party for Madeline. We only invited her bff, Zadie, and a couple of adults. We had (kind of) a "You Are My Sunshine" theme.
 
My pictures didn't turn out as I had envisioned but here they are.
Madeline's most favorite thing to do is play peek-a-boo with her blanket. She even plays by herself and thinks it's hilarious. She loves these blankets. If one of the boys even walks near her blanket, she flips out. Is it the beginnings of a drama queen? 


She wasn't sure what to think about that cake

Then she got really upset with it 
The big kids enjoyed it...at least the icing off the top 

She finally had a little taste... 
...but wasn't too impressed 
 
Just so everyone knows...that cake I spent a couple of hours on didn't fully go to waste. When the grown ups weren't looking, Zadie found it under Madeline's chair.

No comments: