Friday, October 7, 2011

Visitors


Some friends visited us this week. Brian and Thomas met at the Archives in London a few years ago. Thomas visited us last year when we were in London. He and his girlfriend Ella were finally able to visit us in Texas.

The boys had fun playing Rock Band.
 The boys and I took Thomas and Ella to Zilker Park this morning while Brian was working. We rented kayaks and rowed around for a while. Luc was super happy that he had Ella all to himself in a boat. Thomas thought he would have it easy by sharing a kayak with me since it would mean two paddlers. Evan required a lot of attention which left Thomas rowing our boat alone. Thanks Thomas! I really enjoyed my relaxing ride. After a lot of hard work, we went for a dip in Barton Springs Pool...my first time ever there...okay so I didn't really swim. Holy cow that water is FREEZING! Evidently for German people this water feels nice. It was a lot of fun though.

 These two sketchy looking guys came and sat under a tree by us. One of them started playing a drum thing. I don't know if the boys were amazed my the music, by the really long dreaded hair, or by the whole body tattoos. And can you tell if was way past naptime?


 Crazy people swimming in the freezing water. Luc got in, only because Ella was in, for about 3 minutes. Evan whined after his legs got wet. I got in to my thighs. Honestly, once they became numb from the cold, it wasn't too bad. I could not bring myself to get in any further.


Here are some of their favorite things they have experienced:
Tex-Mex
homemade enchiladas
breakfast tacos
American pancakes
Target

No comments: