Luc has been loving space stuff lately. We have been reading a lot of books about space. We took him downtown to UT's star gazing where he got to see Jupiter through a big telescope. So what else did we expect when he wanted a space birthday party. His requests were quite extreme. A rocket birthday cake that would really take off. A real spaceship that he and his friends could ride in the sky in. Luckily, he settled for less exciting ideas.
He loved painting his solar system.
I enjoyed making his cake.
This is as close to having the rocket take off as I could create.
I never plan activities to do for the kids birthday parties. I think they all enjoy running around playing though.
Luc was very overwhelmed during gift time. I'm not really sure how to work on that. We really talk to both of the boys about not asking for or expecting gifts. We talk about less fortunate people who don't have so many things. We talk about being appreciative of what we do have. We have, by the way, been working on thank you cards but I haven't gotten them in the mail yet. Anyone have any ideas on how to teach little kids how to be grateful?
No comments:
Post a Comment