Friday, July 2, 2010

McNeil update

We are all exhausted but we are in our new/temporary apartment now. There won't be much blogging because we aren't going to get internet here. We'll be here until August when we will move our junk into a storage place and head out. I've only unpacked thigns we really need. It's pretty frustrating not to have all of my normal stuff.

Evan is doing better. He is now 6 weeks old. I took him to the doctor Tuesday to have his umbilical cord cautorized for the 3rd time. It finally fell off yesterday. He weighed 12lb 1 oz. He's definitely chunking up. As for colic, it's definitely draining my energy. I've taken care of colic babies at daycare but I could give them back to their parents. We did start a new medicine for the reflux. We have had 3 good days in a row. I pray everyday it will cure his pain.

Luc's doing great with all the changes. He has asked several times to go to sleep in "Luc's room" meaning his old room. He has also asked to go to "Mama's pool" which I guess is the pool at the Verandah.

He's been saying some really funny stuff lately.

When Brian was leaving for work this morning, Luc said "I wub oo Daddy, be very careful".

He came from Wal-Mart with Brian and told me that he had "kitty kat food" meaning a kit-kat.

In the car he often sings to Evan and calms him by saying something like "it okay Evan. we be home soon".

He's been saying lately that "there a baby in Luc's tummy. the baby coming out soon".

2 comments:

Kristen said...

can't believe evan is 6 weeks already!! glad you guys got moved in ok... i am so sorry you are dealing with colic. i know i would lose my mind. really really hope that new medicine helps a ton.

Briana said...

oh bless you for making it through a move with a 6wk old! Much less a colicy one ...

As soon as I can get all four kids well at the same time, you will have to bring Luc to come play with us.